Monday, March 28, 2005

Nu Ma Nu Ma Iei

It looks I'm about two months behind the times on the latest internet phenomenon, but please don't take my cable modem or wireless router away, please. It took my 14 year old son to bring this jewel to my attention.

Apparently there's a Romanian band called O-Zone who took Europe by storm last year with a mega-hit called Dragostea Din Tei, which sounds very much like Eurythmics Disco (I don't mean that in a derogatory way; I like it). In this country, of course, we only listen or watch good ole' US of A fare (we've given Great Britain, Canada, and Australia a pass occasionally, as they speak the correct language), so it never took off here.

Enter some New Jersey teen and his webcam: A internet music video is born! Now there are several thousand websites with various iterations of it, and the kid's an unwitting cyber-star.

I've attached 2 versions: One with extra stuff edited into it, the other, pure.

Edited version with extra stuff
Pure original version
Lyrics (its in Moldovian)

No comments: